Click here to download the scholarship application
You can also copy and paste the application from below.
- First and last name:
- Email address:
- Best contact phone number for you:
- What is the name and email address of the teacher or school administrator who is recommending you? (This person does NOT need to write a letter of recommendation. If you are a finalist, we will reach out to this person to verify that they are vouching for your work ethic)
- Year in school:
- Weighted GPA (we require a 3.5 GPA or above):
- Current ACT composite score (all applicants must have already taken the ACT):
- What are your current sub-scores? English: Math: Science: Reading:
- What is your goal composite score?
- Which colleges are your top 3 choices?
- Which AP or IB classes have you taken, and what did you score on the AP exams for them?
- How many books have you read for fun (not assigned) in your lifetime? (circle one)
less than 50, between 50 to 100, more than 100
- Are you on free or reduced lunch at school? (If not, do you have a teacher or administrator who will vouch that you do not have the financial means to afford our program?)
If you are chosen for this scholarship, can we count on you to do each of the following? (Please type or write yes or no after each one.)
- Get transportation to and from our offices every Monday night for the class? (We are located at 9111 Cross Park Dr., Knoxville, TN 37923 in the Cedar Bluff area).
- Do a minimum of one hour per day of the assigned ACT prep homework with one day off each week for the three months you are in the program?
- Text in your goals every day to your academic coach for the three months you are in the program? (We make the goals. You simply need to fill them in every day and send them in. It takes less than one minute per day, but all students in our program make this commitment.)
- Be honest or rat yourself out if at some point you are dishonest?
- Be coachable. This simply means that you will be open-minded to do things the way we ask you to do them, or you will at least communicate to us that you don’t plan on doing them the way we ask. Can we count on this form you?
- Complete the program. You will most likely want to quit at some point. This program is more challenging than an AP or IB class that Knox County offers. You will get frustrated, unintelligent, and think you are not going to be able to hit your goals. We need all students to commit to completing the program regardless of what self-limiting beliefs come up during the program. If you are selected, can we count on you to follow through with the program? This doesn’t just mean that you come to class. It means that you will continue keeping all of the commitments you made throughout the duration on the 13 weeks to the best of your ability. Can we count on that from you?
- Keep a “find-a-way “attitude. This means that you are responsible for your score on the ACT. This test covers almost 10 years’ worth of material in four different subjects. There is no way we can teach you everything you need to learn to hit your goals on this test. The vast majority of what you learn in this program will be you teaching yourself between sessions. This way we can focus our time together in class just on the stuff you could not figure out on your own. This also means that you are going to face lots of obstacles throughout the course of the 13 weeks. Life is going to happen. You will lose your motivation. You will have all sorts of self-limiting beliefs arise, and you will most likely stop believing that you will be able to hit your goals. Regardless of what happens, if you want to be successful at this (or any challenging thing) you’ve got to fight to find a way up, over, around, or straight through whatever obstacle it is that gets in the way of hitting your goals. Can we count on you to keep a find-a-way attitude to the best of your ability for the three months that you are in the program, and if at some point you lose that attitude, can we count on YOU to get it back?
Please send this application with your video to KnoxACTprep@gmail.com . If you have not completed your video, you can send the video later. All applications and videos must be to this email address by December 12th.